Monday, March 18, 2013

What do I really want?

 I thought I knew what I wanted. I thought I knew what I needed. I thought I knew. I thought. When I didn't get something, I decided I wanted that, and then when I got that part, it didn't work out. I'm so confused!
I met a really great guy. Nearly everything I asked for. I was absolutely amazed. He bought me roses. Paid for out date. Called me "Pretty." Texted me sweet things. Due to previous encounters, I decided to give him the friend test. And HE decided to be out. Now i'm asking God , was it wrong to introduce a potential suitor to my closest friends?! I heard "number 8 13" and knew God had something to say.

Have the Levites stand in front of Aaron and his sons and then present them as a wave offering to the Lord. - Numbers 8:13

Well, seeing as one of those friends was actually named Aaron, this verse really stood out to me. The Levites had to stand before the man who was in charge.and then that man presented the.Levites to God.

It's important to test character. It's important to KNOW who you are getting. It's important that those who "know how it's done" have a say. It's important that those closest to God get a say in who gets to serve in the most intimate ways. It's important that my friends and family.get along with my potential suitor. And vice versa.

More important, it's essential that my suitor be able to be presented as an offering, a sacrifice, a present aroma to God

No comments:

Post a Comment