Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last Time

Where does it start,
in the soul, mind or heart?
This love I have for You--
oh how I wish it was more true!
That with every breath and beat,
my soul for You would leap,
that of my sin i would weep,
and not plunge into the deep!
But alas how my heart is deceived!
How often Your grace I've received!
I fall down and You pick me up.
I say, "Last time! I've had enough!
I'll never go back to that sin!"
But I know my futures' dim
when I say, "it was the last time"
but have not repented in my mind.
It's like a cycle that never ends
but keeps on, a twist in the bends
"Last time!" again I cry,
"Just once more before I die!"
But each time is killing me,
even though I cannot see.
This last time it is to be true--
this sin I will no longer do!
I am done with saying "I'm done!"
but still living just to have fun.
This life is not my own,
and Your light in me has shown.
I've put it out for the last time--
from now on I'll let Your love shine!

2 comments: