Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The coolest bad day ever!

It starts out with me being tried in the old way. Temptation coming in the same fruit on the same tree. It's a comfort food, really, this fruit. i may say no a little while, but i eventually give in because i know what it is like. I enjoy it. it feels good on my lips and warms my belly. However, i know that God said not to eat of it, so as i read His Word i decide in my heart mind and soul to obey.
In the morning, i chose to sleep in just another 10 minutes, which really for me consists of laying in bed thinking, "ok so i have to do this, that then this. i need to pee. what day is it? i wish i could sleep for another ten minutes. oh nuts here goes the alarm" Mom and Dad made me oatmeal and coffee. That was nice of them. In order to have time to eat and drink it, i forgot my 5 min devo for the day.
As i drive to work, i spill my coffee twice. I look to the sky. Not anything as spectacular as i had been seeing lately but still a nice sunrise. reminded me of God and i thought how upset i was to have not gotten into His word yet.
At work i arrive just on time. Pulseox works perfectly and gives a great reading. Great start. this NEVER happens! Thanking God.
On the bus i am overwhelmed with a hunger for God and praising Him as the sunrise is looking more glorious than earlier. singing "Blessed"( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cQxxRdkO0 )  though the only part that i could remember was "who's hearts are stayed on Our God" so i just HAD to find the Bible verse about it. Isaiah 26:3 proved very essential to me today. I sent it to various friends and they responded it encouraged them. Hm. blessings are not just for ourselves but to encourage our brothers and sisters. Check. :)
At school, lots of yelling. Big argument. Though i was not involved, i was in the room and you know how i get. Talked to my kid to try to keep him to focus on me instead of the yelling (didnt realize until the ride home the irony. "keep looking at me, listen to me, dont focus on the bad stuff goin on around you....Isaiah 26:3....). after it quieted down, temptation in the way of that same fruit reappeared. My nerves are still crazy at this point and i cant think about anything but what is going on in the classroom. i pray. i read some scripture. i watch like a hawk. Encouragement from a sister in Christ. some relief in the anxiety. another sister is put on my heart, to ask for her help in my struggle with the fruit as she had suggested i do. this is the second time God put her on my heart for this. i figured He did great with the song, i better trust Him with this too.After i text her i feel better. I have the strength to again say no to the beautiful fruit.
On my way home, the sister i texted responded. 1 cor 10:13. When i got home to look at the devo, guess what the verse was. Yep. 1 cor 10:13. And the armor of God. (one of my memory verses). standing firm now with my armor on. ready to endure.
At home, the fruit is again calling me to it. This darn fruit. i know it is yummy! i saved room in my belly for it. i prepared to get messy when i eat it. But i must say no. i will not eat from that tree! simply because i have died to myself. it is now Christ who lives in me.
Spent time with family and decided to exercise. Verse to motivate is 1 cor 9:27 "No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." Alas, i must beat my body by not allowing it to eat this forbidden fruit. i am stayed on Christ and already committed in my mind,but the body is weak (Matt 26:41, Mark 14:38).

So although the day was horrible with the stress of an argument and the war of the flesh vs spirit, it was totally cool. God reminded me again that when i see the beautiful sunrise how much more glorious it is in Kenya. He gave me words to look up what He had to say to me. He used those words to speak to others. He encouraged me at work. He gave me a trial to grow my faith. He gave me a way out of temptation. My God never fails, and as long as "i keep my heart chasing after {Him}" (Building 429) I can endure and find peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment