Sunday, October 30, 2011

My values//puttin it all in perspective

In my sunday school/small group/whatever you wanna call it today my pastor gave us the homework of putting together a list of our values and how we measure up to them. Hit me like a ton of bricks that i should have had this done already. Do i really need to think what my values are? Do i really not know them completely? Yikes.

Holiness. Being "set apart" from the world. Choosing what is of God over what is of me.
Purity. Having no blemish. Being washed pure as SNOW by the BLOOD of Jesus.
Righteousness. right-standing with God. feeling no shame in His presence
Honor. Sticking to your values. (i guess that includes knowing them...)
Unity. Peaceful living. Agreeing in the same Spirit with those who follow Jesus.
Honesty. Truth. Not hiding the real or trying to confuse people but to open their eyes to understand.
Love. Putting others above myself. Not using them for my gain.
Wisdom. Knowing what God desires and putting it into action at the right time.
Endurance. Perseverance. Not giving up.... 
Patience. Knowing that it may take a while and enduring that...(they that wait upon the LORD...)

Perspective-in keeping my focus on the cross, i see that loneliness is not a four-letter word. Just because my best friends are out doing other things without me doesnt mean i can mope around missing them. I should be praying for them. i should be working on my relationship with Christ and keeping my values. Solitude is not a bad thing. Loneliness is a choice, and i will choose solitude over loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment