Sunday, July 29, 2012

Poem to my husband

Future husband, can't you see?
I'm busy being who God made me.
I don't have time to think about you
I need to look and grow, improve.
I can't be focused on who you are,
What we could be, whether near or far.
I won't allow my time to be wasted,
I know the Lord is good, this I have tasted.
So see me where I am and who I am and how
Because this is the present, and this is me now

Each day I pray for you I wonder what's wrong
What is it that is keeping our wait so long?
Are you failing to notice me, or me to catch your heart?
Am I failing to display virtue, failing in my part?
Or do we already know and we are just scared?
Feeling so young and so ill-prepared?
Husband I love you, already tonight.
So if you love me too, why put up this fight?
If you already know, if God has made it clear,
Then why, dear love, why do we fear?

Only the Lord my Maker is Husband.
I come alive, beautiful in His hand.
On Him alone can I count and depend
Knowing my honor only He can defend.
I cannot think of a mere mortal man
When I think of prince charming taking my hand.
Only This King could capture my heart
And be the One from whom I never depart.
Oh Heavenly Husband I ask this of You:
Bind me and make me to You always true!
Let no earthly man, mine or not,
Take from You this princess You bought!

1 comment: