Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So...it's been a while...

15 days since....
35 days since....
minutes since...

 Time is the way we measure some things in our life. How much time has past since we saw the one we love, since we returned home from a much needed vacation, since we heard a favorite song....

13 hours till....
2 days til...
5 days til...
11 weeks til...
2 years til...

Time also gives us a way to anticipate the things that are coming, and how close they are. 13 hours til i lead a Bible study, two days til i do it again, five days til valentine's day (and the weight that it holds),11 weeks til i complete my BSN program, 2 years until...who knows....

and that is the point. We set these days and times up in our heads, and yet, how do we know we will still be here. and even if we are, how do we know what will happen on those days? Are we God Himself? No, we cannot know, but we plan. let's make our plans count.

since the last blog post, i have started waking up every morning at 545 to read at least two chapters of my Bible on the tredmil, before work.  I am starting the book of Ruth today, and i checked my weight, seeing i already lost 5 lbs! i feel so encouraged reading God's word, even tho i become so tired later in the day, He gives me the strength to make it through. If you have time, look up ANY song by tenth avenue north. Especially: healing begins, STRONG ENOUGH TO SAVE, YOU ARE MORE, on and on, empty my hands, house of mirriors, oh my dear, by your side, love is here, lift us up to fall, SATISFY, let it go, break me down, hold my heart, times, BELOVED....(and those are just the very best ones...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so willing to cave, so destined to fall and fail...

    I'm a walking contradiction: though i am a new creation and the old has gone away, the old keeps creeping back, tempting me to return.

    the first minutes on the tredmill, when i am reading my Bible, seem to go so quick, but when i see that i do not have enough time to finish another chapter and set the Bible down and just walk, i find myself watching the numbers and the go so slowly, and i think, "i did enough for today, i kno i didnt reach my goal but thats ok...." but then i cry out to God to be my strength and He is!

    Praise God for always giving us a way out :)

    ReplyDelete