Monday, March 14, 2011

When God has something to tell you, He WILL make you know it

  1. When you commit to something, and really mean it, and ask God to help you to follow through, and it is something that is not out of line with His law, He will help make it happen.
               I prayed before i went to bed that God would help me get up in the morning to exercise. Despite it being a monday, and the darkest 545 on a monday this year, i was awake with my alarm and motivated to go down and work up a sweat on that old tredmill.

  2.  We see things as we define them...and we define them the way we want them to be
                 I see this guy that i want to marry, so i see the qualities i want in a husband in him. Of course he has most of them, which is why i wanted to marry him...until i see another side of him that i could not marry.
Or i see qualities of a sucky friend in one guy because i know i cannot marry him, even though he comforts me and is the first i go to with exciting news
Or i become intrigued by a guy who before could not catch my eye

3. I'm a great nurse.
               I am able to take care of a sick child
i can tell my fellow future nurse what to expect in nursing
i am able to notice an abnormal assesment, on my patient or a person i am conversing with
i have compassion for people
i listen

4. Sometimes, even when you DO have faith like a mustard seed, God decides to let that mountain stay where it is at, because sometimes, that mountain getting thrown into the sea can cause quite a disaster for many others, by the tsunamis and earthquakes it creates.
              (Japan, we are praying for you. God has not forgotten Japan and those who are hurting. have faith that the person who threw the mountain into the sea is also praying for your restoration, and redemption)

5. God will provide. And whether my love story involves a man here on earth or not, I know that my Husband is the very best :)

All of these things were things that i had doubted, to the point of despair, less than 48 hours ago. God has revealed His truth to me, to show me who i am, and how He sees me. What's changed? Well, nothing. and yet, everything......

God, You are so good to me! How steadfast are Your promises! You are forever true and faithful! There is nothing that can complete me nor satisfy me than You! All i need is more of You-- every day i ask for my daily portion of You and You provide. Thank You for all You have done and all that You are! Thank You for making me who You are making me. I long to be closer with You and closer to being like You. You are the only One for me. In You alone i find my rest, in You alone i find my identity. I love You Lord. Help me to not sin against You; to resist temptation of all kinds and flee all types of sin! In Your Name Lord Jesus i pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment