Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For My Friend, My Encouragement

You look at yourself and see your flaws
looking for your purpose, your cause
but listen to me when i say
i find your friendship today
to encourage me so strongly
to look for who i want to be

you are my friend, my encouragement
From God i know that you are sent
to help me to see each day
that He is the only way
to know that better is out there
and i will find someone to care
i don't need to settle for another
when you encourage me, my brother

i grow weak and fall
He's got brown eyes, he's tall
maybe that's enough for me
'cause, hey, that's all i'll ever be
just "enough" never the dream
and so plummets my self-esteem

but you remind me of how close i am
even on the days i feel like a scam
you see the truth in my heart
how, for Jesus, I'm set apart
you show me that i can do better
and that this other man would just be a fetter

your strength, your integrity
your patience and lack of envy
your wisdom and your drive
you're not the only one alive

so you encourage me that there are
more men like you, and not too far
God has a husband picked out for me
and i pray he's close to you as can be

2 comments:

  1. i love reading inspirational writings just seeing the words of someone expressing them self in poetry it is more of inspiration for me to write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) i just re-read this n i was like, wow, did i write that?! its amazing when God inspires this stuff! It's funny too, bc at the beginning i can tell i was trying to write about one man and by the end it totally was about a dif man...wow crazy stuff! But really encouraging to remember that there are GOOD men out there, and this one friend i am talking about towards the end is not the only one who is like that and has that character and is following God, so i dont need to lower my standards, i can see that there are more men like him out there, and one of them could be my future husband!

    Look at you and Brad, i can see God working in your life and having a man following God helps more than having a man who only sees how we suffer for God and the pain that He brings (we both know how THAT is...) and now it's such a joy and peace that God brings, by getting away from someone we settle for. We need to catch God's big dreams for us :)

    ReplyDelete