Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mysterious ways...

Oh how mysterious are Your ways oh Lord!
Your mercy and grace are so much more
than we could ever want or strive for
Your forgiveness You give freely and do not hord

You raise up the weak on wings like eagles
and make the "wise" yap like beagles
You give sight to the blind
and heal the sinful mind

You lead me in Your ways
and yet i could not try all of my days
to understand just what You're doing
though i know You are me wooing

with every step You take with me
You help me more to see
and still i am so far from perfect
and i never do deserve it

You keep me in Your will,
Your Book of Life, still
when i mess up, you raise me up
if i'll just turn back to Your cup!

Thank You Lord for Your love
You are the peaceful Dove
yet bruised on Calvary
You took my fate for me

Oh what depth of Hell i deserve!
For so many times the Devil i did serve
what sorrow is in my soul and heart
to think that i should ever from You depart!

and yet You pull me gently closer
to Yourself, to be my Saviour
and bring me into light everlasting
with You, my One and True King!

Oh what mysteries that You would save us
that You should bless and not curse dust
but that we should be made clean
by Your blood which does redeem!

Oh praise the One whose wisdom is far greater!
Who sanctifies the sinner and loves the hater
You see our future and what we will do for You
when we just complain, we want to see it too!

But You know that we could not comprehend
So Your Holy Spirit You sent
to help us and guide us along Your way
so forever we can hear You say

though we may not know what it means
and that is why we try to form teams
and figure out what You have made for Your mind alone
or to feel that to which our heart is stone

You are my God and i Your servant
so i plead for a glimpse, for a proverb, a hint
to have You to show me just a part of Your mystery
show me, please God, what more you want from me

2 comments:

  1. Am i as pharaoh to You?
    someone to stomp on with Your shoe?
    Someone on whom to pour out Your wrath
    like a fire and glass bath

    my only cry is that You change Your mind
    to me, YOur servant please be kind
    i do not want to be seperated from Your face
    please pour unto me even an ounce of grace

    there is no right i have to be called
    in fact in every sin i have falled
    You are just in all of Your ways
    and i deserve to burn for all of my days

    but You are loving and merciful oh Lord!
    And to Your open arms i look toward
    Oh to be able to be with You just a moment
    to know how to love and just to be patient

    But i feel YOu have given me a heart of stone
    and those that know me reflect this tone
    i try to be Your disciple and show Your love
    but is it just over my demons like a glove?

    I just wanna be whole, saved, sanctified
    i want to be in You and make Your name glorified
    I want to do Your will and submit it all
    But back into sin i always fall.

    this doubt is of satan, i always told myself
    and put it away, tucked back on a shelf
    but now i must wonder, are all my friends wrong?
    Do i really praise You or just sing a song?

    Search me and examine my heart
    open me up and tear me apart
    tell me what You find because i am scared
    to look and find that i never cared

    i am so weak but You are strong
    i know with You i cannot go wrong
    I need You to save me and i want to serve You
    From now on, it only matters what You do.

    I hand over my life once again
    Change my heart, if You can
    You have the power so please do it
    Because there is nowhere that i fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way of the Lord is amazing, truely amazing and beyond comprehension, sometimes. Yet sometimes He spells it right out for me.

    **The scripture i "didnt have time to read" is the scripture that would have cleared up my thoughts/given me peace/reassured me of the truth....

    **i find someone else who wants to take care of my trash, to prove to me it is not longer my burden to bear/my sin to hold

    **i ask God for a specific request to be answered in a specific amount of time to be a sign to take out the trash, and it actually happens

    **i wake up from a dream where i fled, leaving my cellphone n car keys behind (to warn me that going to that place is going to cost me everything..

    ReplyDelete