Friday, April 8, 2011

A prayer for prodigals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA (It's the "everything" by Lifehouse skit. have a box of tissues handy, it may make you cry)

Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank You so much for who You are! You are the Creator, the Righteous Judge and the Redeemer. You are holy in all You are and right in all You do. "How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?" It is so true that knowing You and all You have done for me leads me to being in awe of You and You moving me, drawing me closer, and us dancing sweetly! I praise and adore You for all You are doing in my life!
You have put it on my heart to pray for Your people, those that have turned from the ways of their fathers who followed and served You, and instead following in the ways of the fathers that do evil in Your sight. God, i just pray that right now You take hold of each and every one of Your children. Hold them close and never let them go. Help them to return to You, as the perfect Lover You draw us to You, as our Redeemer, Your scars have made us new. Help us, those who know You intimately, to show Your true nature to those who do not know You, or have turned away from You. God i pray You bring them back to You! They have heard Your name and cannot any longer deny Your Majesty! Let them see You for who You are, the One True God! Remember the ways that they loved You, when they first knew You, remember the prayers of their family and friends for them and the ways that they follow You. Remember that Jesus has clothed us in His righteousness and listen to our prayers! In Jesus;s name i pray, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment