Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Everything Redeemed

Sitting alone thinking about you
Where this is going and can it be true
worrying why you havent called me yet
maybe this thing was only a bet
i let myself get caught up in lies
the deciever tries and shuts my eyes
i forget the purpose of this life
forget for what i am to strive
beliving the lies, angry i become
not testing the spirits to see from where they come
but then our communication frees me
and jaded no longer is how i see
lifting my thoughts to above this world
im lifted in my Father's hands and twirled
In His face i see and am reminded
Of the cross and all He did

I know i can be pouty drama Queen
But i am glad my King redeems
All my screw ups, mess up, failures,
Jesus' blood alone cleans and cures
Redeemed in His grace and mercy freeing
this self-centered baby i'm no longer being
i'm sorry for all the pain i caused
when instead i should have just paused
and taken a long deep look at my Savior
Instead of falling for Satan's great lure

Vanity, pride, self-centeredness, LIES
no longer who i am, all that has DIED
Redeem this life, Oh Lord of mine!
Redeem, restore, rebuild, remold
i want all of You in me be told
You strip away the old from new
and make me pure and clean like You
Redemption from all sins-I'm clean!
Help me to shine for You, to glean!
Take this old narsasistic heart
and with You give me a new start.
All this i pray for the glory of Your name
Jesus Christ, and for Your fame.

Praise to the Father and Praise to the Son
Praise to the Spirit, Three in One
For Redemption is come in Jesus
He is the One Who saves us
Praise God for infinite wisdom
And the furtherance of His Kingdom
You use the worst parts of me
to bring about my purity
you use the doubts to grow my faith
and of Yourself give me another taste
Using my weakness, you redeem
and make my failings work for Your Team
You alone are worthy of all praise
so i will die each one of my days


God has really shown me this week that He is able to redeem EVERYTHING. To bring about good from every situation, not just the good ones. Even when i fall, when i say something i shouldn't have, when i get caught up in wanting things my way, He redeems those moments and using them to bring about His glory. He revealed His grace and mercy in new ways, showing me that as much as i am fighting this one gift He has given me (because i feel unworthy of it one moment and want more of it the next), He knows what He is doing and IS indeed working it out for the best. He will get all the glory for whatever happens and i am GLAD because that is what my focus is for as well. This life is not to bring me glory, but for me to bring the One who is Worthy all the glory and honor! It is when i keep my eyes on THAT purpose, that goal, that i remember and feel complete. It is when i look to the Heavens that my sanity is restored (dan 4:34). It is when i look at what is going on in the big picture, and not looking at what satan wants me to see. Satan wants to distroy me so he will feed me lies. But i dont have to listen to him because i have the Truth hidden in my heart, as the person of Jesus Christ and as the Word of God written down in the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment