Thursday, December 1, 2011

out of the darkness into the light//Fave Verses for today

 I wanna see more You cuz I'm sick of more me
just wanna know when ill finally feel free
the darkness swallows me up inside
I feel my emotions like the oceans tide
drawing me deeper and further down
I can't catch my breath n kno I will drown
I need Your mercy to pull me up
I can no longer drink from this cup
I don't want to be given over to evil desire
I long to be refined in Your holy fire
to stop running away from Perfection
and look to You for my definition.
Turn the dark to light for me
I want to walk and to see
to follow Your will and obey Your commands
but I need desperately to be in Your hands
 
(Wrote that last night in bed on my cellphone as a text message to myself.  And to my best friend. The morning came with little relief so i cried out to God to give me a word because i needed so desperately His grace and mercy. He gave me Isaiah 30. He LONGS to be gracious to me?! He will!? And He guides my every step and turn! This was encouraging, but still not feeling myself. Best friend texted me and reminded me that i am not in the dark, as i have Jesus the light of the world, living in me. Though still feeling down, seeing John 8:12 as the first thing on my fb newsfeed was pretty remarkable and continued to bring me back to the light. How simple-just look to Jesus and follow Him and you will walk in the light!...then getting a text message with Jer 31:3 was amazing to remind me that God loves me! Yesterday a man reminded me that the Bible tells us not to worry. Today i remembered that it is the peace of God that will Himself guard our hearts....when we think on the things we are to think about and not be anxious (DONT WORRY!) and in EVERYTHING talk to God! Praises and requests, about EVERYTHING! So here are the verses. My prayer is that they will touch you in a special way as well!
 
V erses of the day:
18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
   he rises to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
   Blessed are all who wait for him!  19 O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:18-21)
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)
3 The LORD appeared to us in the past,[a] saying:    “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
4 I will build you up again
   and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
Again you will take up your tambourines
   and go out to dance with the joyful. (Jeremiah 31:3-4)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:6-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment