Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another Kenya story :)


I find that very often with God our plans don’t go quiet how we expect. If you would have asked me five years ago, I would say if I go overseas it is somewhere with Spanish. If you asked me three years ago, it would be the same answer with an added, and I’m really not going to Africa.  By the end of last year, I was set on Kenya. How quickly God can change my heart just awes me. I am so glad He did!
I went to Kenya for a month with Chariots For Hope on the internship program to the AIC Children’s Home in Mbooni and Kitui this summer. I expected the assessments, the health tracking form, and the sponsor letters and pictures. I even expected to do four Bible lessons and lead devotions. God proved that He had more for me to do. Not only did I do those things and completely fall in love with the people, I also grew in my own walk with Christ!
God continued to prove His faithfulness to me, and that He could do things through me that I never would have imagined. Every step along the way that I had fears, God relieved the fear by putting people in my life to feel comfortable with and grow with, whether it was the couple days with other interns or whole month with the staff and children at the home. I ended up leading devotions every night that I was in Mbooni. One night we gave an alter call, and 29 children gave their lives to the LORD! I was amazed.  Praise the Lord! Another night, we issued a devotions quiz, an examination of what they remembered from all the nights I taught. One child earned at 38/35 because he was able to gain extra credit with memory verses. The Sunday I returned from Kitui I preached in the AIC Mbooni church in the English service. Every step along the way God showed up. I couldn’t have done it without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment