Monday, July 25, 2011

you know me

How is it that you know me
Every detail so easily
Before i speak a single word
You've already heard
My mind you read 
all my plans you intercede
i cannot hide myself from you
but it's the thing i want to do
you give me whiplash
from you i wanna dash
how do you know me so completely
and not even want nor need me
we are soul mates but not lovers
from you i want to run for cover
it scares me how close we are
yet at times we are so far
i dont want you in that way
it's another i wish would stay
though our connection not as strong
it is for him alone that i long
who said you have to marry your soulmate
you and i wouldn't last on a date
and the one i have fallen for
is just a little harder to work for
but he is worth all the effort
even if i would get hurt

Just some thoughts on how a soulmate doesnt necessarily mean that's the one you should marry. Sometimes that just means they are a good friend who is able to help you understand yourself better and look out for you. And sometimes that person who IS worth it may be a little hard to uncover in the beginning, but i am convinced that it is better to fight for the one you want than to settle for someone you think is just compatible....

No comments:

Post a Comment