Thursday, July 7, 2011

Whats important...

Tonight was a big night. Why? well, the first reason and biggest reason i would say is because we (a small handful of Christians) were completely filled with the Holy Spirit, praying for healing, protection, and the binding and removal of demons. Yes, heavy stuff. Even as i type this i pray and ask God to wrap me in His embrace and that i feel the power of Jesus. By typing this, emotion is filling my body, but i need you to know. I need the body of Christ to KNOW the POWER of His NAME! The power He gives us! the POWER of Jesus Christ our Risen Savior! Yes, praying to and in Him was the most important part of this evening. More important than using my nursing "skills" and having the courage to call 911. More important than meeting new people. More important than having something to do. More important than the beautiful sunset i saw before i got there. More important than a phone call that i so desperately wanted to take. Yes, Jesus is more important than all these.

I cannot sleep now, as i think about this nights events and everything that happened, as there is more that i refuse to write about in a public blog because i want to protect the privacy of those involved. But at the same time i know God will grant me rest for a new day tomorrow.

PS, i prayed God would show me if He wanted me to continue with this Bible Study Friday night thing, many times. Many times, He has shown me that YES HE wants me to continue it, though others may not see the importance of it, the value is higher than i can imagine. So although at times i feel unable to do so, I will respond and answer the call. I will continue until He says stop. And just because it "got hard" doesnt mean it's God saying stop. It simply means it's work.....

So what's important? Christ. And those who love and obey Him. (and those that WILL one day come to know Him)

No comments:

Post a Comment