Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A prayer for my sister

Dear Heavenly Father, You are all good and all Holy. No one is good BUT You alone!  Your plans are much greater and higher than mine. At this moment LORD i lift up my sister in You whose name you know. You know the words i pray before i pray them. You know how my heart aches for her to be kept safe from the deceitful ones of this earth. God i am broken for her, as i have been in her situation, blinded by the lies and denial. God i pray that You break down the walls and peel off the scales from her eyes. Allow her to see this situation as i do now, as she did when i was in it myself. God i pray that i am wrong and that she is actually not being tempted in any way. I pray that she is stronger than i was. I pray for another sister who is struggling in another similar way that i believe i am freed from (and daily being freed from). God i pray that she is able to see just how much You love her and how she does not need a mere mortal man to hold her and love her because she has Your loving embrace! God at least two sisters come to mind in this instance and i pray for both of them by name that You would reveal Yourself to them in such an awesome way LORD God that they just completely surrender to Your love and say with all their heart soul  body and mind, "I love You Lord God! You are more than enough for me!" I pray that i myself get to this point and i thank You for giving me glimpses of how You test me in this. I pray that when the race is complete, You will say that i ran in order to obtain the prize. Thank You God for all You have done and have yet to do! We love You, Holy One. In Jesus's precious name i pray, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment