Thursday, November 11, 2010

DNR

So im stealing the lessons from Jay and writing them in here because they have really been hitting me lately.

Of course, when God has been puttin 1 Sam 15 on my heart for the past week, i like to go to context and see whats around it. of course the verse that sticks out to me is what CLIMB is about tonight.

1 samuel 16:1: The Lord said to Samuel, "how long will you mourn for Saul since I have rejected him as your king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king."

God said, "Becky, how long will you mourn this relationship since i have rejected it as good? Prepare again to be MY bride and leave this past relationship dead. I am drawing you closer to Jesus. I have chosen Him to be your everything."
Wow, truely God is telling me something here. When He sends many people that know and love Him to say the same thing to me, and His Word says the same thing to me, who am i to say no?

Samuel had high hopes for Saul. He justified Saul's disobedience, (But Lord, look-he brought this as an offering to you...). He was upset that Saul did not meet God's requirements. God "was grieved that He had made Saul king over Israel"(15:35b)  This corresponds so perfectly to my life. I had high hopes for this relationship. I justified my disobedience. I saw it as what God wanted for me, and though God did put him as my boyfriend, just as He put Saul as king, I am upset that the relationship did not meet God's requirements and i'm sure that we grieved God.

How beautiful, though, it is that Jesus was born from the lineage of the Son of Jesse that God then made king after Saul! Samuel mourned for Saul, but if he knew what God was doing, he should have been praising Him for bringing into fulfillment the many prophesies for the Messiah! And how great this can be as an encouragement to us in our lives! When we give up, completely kill and leave to never resuscitate (DNR) our sins or anything that keeps us from God, we open up the way for Jesus to come!

Though i know it was hard for Samuel to follow the Lord (he even asks God how he will accomplish this because he fears Saul will kill him), it was worth it. This is how it is for me in my life, and for my readers. If God is telling you to leave something behind, do it. When He tells you to go to Bethlehem and see your Savior, go and see. For there is truly nothing greater than Jesus Christ. I believe this. Now i must live this.

I'm sorry. I love you and what we had was great. But we could not kill all the livestock. Though we had good intentions, we did not follow to a T. I must take up my cross and show Jesus He is the only King of my life, lover of my soul.....

No comments:

Post a Comment