Sunday, November 28, 2010

Relief, Restoration and Redemption

I've been going through a lot lately. Truthfully, who hasn't been? Why should my life matter any more than my neighbor's? or my sister's? (actually, she's got 2 kids, a husband and a baby on the way to take care of so her life SHOULD matter more than mine, right?) But in reality, we are ALL precious. ALL of our lives are "worth it!" The One and Only perfect Man died a death He didn't owe because i had a debt i couldn't pay. He did it for me. He did it for you. He did it for your mother. He did it for your future spouse. He did it for Obama. He did it for Jackson. He did it for Vick. He did it for your grandmother.....

so in my daily struggles and fears, i realized just how much Jesus did for me. He shed His BLOOD. His redeeming, purifying, restoring blood for my soul. It took me this particular stressor to realize just how precious His blood is! His pain, His shame, His hurt....was for my relief, restoration and redemption. Wow. I am in awe. Are you?

I was blessed to have my fears relieved. to fear something, to be in such bondage to a fear, is a horrible feeling. i was in chains, bound to this fear. The relief that came when my fear was proved wrong, the freedom which it brought, was such a wonderful gift from God. No words can explain. I pray you will feel it for yourself and so will understand what i am saying!

The restoration came after the fear was relieved. He broke my chains to this fear and restored my faith in Him and in a future. He restored my body to health and my soul to Himself. He restored my faith, giving me a peace that passes understanding. again, i pray that you will experience something that leads you to feel this deep-seeded peace that i have in my Jesus!

Redemption. Oh what a glorious word! how wonderful! how beautiful! We are redeemed by the Blood of Jesus. His suffering, His death and Resurrection has redeemed us to be sons and heirs of God if we just accept His gift and live for Him! And oh what a great decision to choose to live for Jesus! To feel His redemption!

To be redeemed, to be restored and to be relieved all go together. They all have such unexplainable feelings that i just pray you will feel them. I hope that this gave you a glimpse of what i am experiencing. Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it a good feeling to know God is looking out for you, when you most need him? To be absolutely sure of his exsistance? Would you not want this feeling every day? To know he is close, when you need him the most? I guess I'm not such an emo after all :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hardest thing is realizing i cannot change your heart. this is what prayer and fasting is for. not to make you mine, but to petition God to make you HIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. just now reading your comment JS. I dont know if you are mocking me or serious. If you are serious then I am glad we can agree on something. If you are mocking me, just another jewel on my crown :)

    ReplyDelete